AlertBox is a Mozilla Firefox add on that monitors site update for any change in both text and images. AlertBox saves you the trouble of checking for updates on a website every now and then.
Features of this site update monitor add-on:
- Set alerts for changes on any website.
- Powerful function to be able to identify and select content you want to monitor.
- Set specific rules to make sure you are informed of important changes only.
- The program checks for updates in the background and does not interfere with other programs.
- Mange alerts easily from Inbox.
- Create audio, popup and email alerts.
- View website history as a timeline.
How to use this free site update monitor
Installation is very easy. Click on the Add to Firefox button. A popup menu requests you to confirm whether you want to allow the add-on to be installed. Click Allow and wait for the download to complete. Once again Mozilla asks for you consent before installing the add on. Once installation is complete you have to restart your browser if you wish to use AlertBox immediately. The AlertBox button appears just after the bookmarks icon.
To setup an alert, click on the AlertBox button. The add on opens an interface above the active tab. The interface issues clear instructions on what you need to do to create an alert. Enter an alert name on the textbox and choose a timer which trigger the add on to check for updates when the period elapses. Select the section of the website you would like monitored by moving your mouse until the section of the website is enclosed with a black rectangle and the enclosed text is displayed on AlertBox’s interface. Once you are satisfied you captured the correct area, click Add Alert or click Add Alert and Close to close the interface after the alert has been added. On the same interface, you can view all alerts you have added by clicking Show my Alerts. Click Close to close the AlertBox interface without saving changes. More advanced options can be viewed by checking the Advanced View checkbox.
Right clicking on the AlertBox button opens a context menu. The menu allows you to suspend AlertBox service, check for updates on all alerts set and show and hide AlertBox.
- Simple and easy to use
- Very efficient
- Causes Firefox to hang-I don’t know if it had something to do with the version 13.0 I was using.
AlertBox works very well and is definitely above the competition and lets you effectively monitor site update.