Scribd is an online service hosting thousand of online books where you can read eBooks online and download them. It is a very huge document directory to showcase your original writings, search work of others and discuss about them.
Here, you will find a very large collection of books, brochures, government documents, magazines, how-tos, recipes, and tutorials on different subjects. Think about a book and most probably you will find it on this service to read eBooks online.
Getting started at Scribd is simple where you can easily create an account via Facebook login. After login, you will be able to read eBooks online, import Google documents, upload eBooks/documents, share them and may even opt to sell your books online at Scribd.
How To Read eBooks Online At Scribd:
To find an online book you will have to utilize the search box at top of interface.
- Type the name of book or its author or some relevant information about document in search box followed by a click on ‘Search’ button.
- Soon the list of available online documents will be presented to you.
- You may opt to apply filters for refining the search result by using the dropdowns (Below, highlighted in red) .
- Now, click on the link grabbing your attention and in few seconds you will be redirected to the page having the interface to read eBook online.
* If the book is available for free then you can click on ‘Download or Print’ button on the right section. In case, it’s not free then the button will be replaced by a ‘Buy Now’ button. Still, you can read most of the books online for free.
Importing/Uploading Documents To Scribd:
Logged-in members can visit homepage and click on ‘Upload’ button to go to the section for uploading documents.
- On the top of the page exists an ‘Upload’ button, click on it and select a document from your PC.
- Wait for uploading to complete and soon a you will be prompted to provide details about the file uploaded by you.
- It is very significant to include reasonable tags and a good description containing keywords. On failing to do so your document is unlikely to appear on top of search results. You may opt to keep your file public or private (private files cannot be searched by other users).
- Alternately, you may select the radio button to import your Google documents. Just click on the link and grant access when prompted.
About Monetizing Your Online eBooks:
You can easily monetize your Scribd books and documents. For that you will have to fill a simple online form with your correct details. You can obtain more information from Seller’s FAQ. Other than Scribd you can utilize PayHip online application to sell eBooks online.