TwitContact is an absolutely free Twitter desktop client which lets you keep a track of the number of your followers, friends, active users, popular users and lots of information. One of the inherent advantages of using this application is that you can easily check details as described above which would otherwise require you to open Twitter and check out manually.
Getting started with this Twitter Desktop Client
Getting started with TwitContact is simple and can be done in a few steps-
- Download the TwitContact free desktop application from the website.
- Once the installation is complete, you need to click on the application. While installing make sure that you do not allow the installation of Babylon toolbar.
- As you can see in the above snapshot, the interface of the application is impressive and straightforward. You need to click on ‘Login to Twitter’. Make sure that you are connected to the internet because this will open a webpage where you would have to fill your credentials and allow the application to gain access to your tweets, check out information such as who you follow and also update your profile, post tweets and access your messages as well. You can see the snapshot of the webpage, where you need to enter the details. Once you ‘Authorize App’, you would be given an API pin.
- The API Pin has to be entered in the following window which appears as soon as you open TwitContact.
Once you enter a valid PIN, you are logged into your account and you can begin using this application.
You can also check out a Twitter desktop client for all OS i.e it works with Windows, Mac and Linux.
Key features of Twitter desktop client
This free Twitter desktop client allows you to check the following:
- Followers- users who follow you.
- Non followers- user who you follow but they do not follow you.
- Non Friends-users who follow you, but you do not follow back.
- Most popular users-users having more number of followers as compared to friends. You can set the threshold for followers by clicking File->Preferences. The current threshold as you can see in the snapshot below is 10000.
- Most active users-Displays the users who have recently tweeted. This can also be adjusted in Preferences. This has been set as 3 as can be seen in the snapshot above.
- Non active users- Displays the users who have been inactive for a particular number of days. According to the above snapshot, the inactive users would be the ones who have been inactive for 90 days.
- Checking out the details of a user in your list and sending messages.
Also check out how to add special characters or symbols to your tweets.
Viewing details of a particular user and send direct messages
Once the list is loaded, you can view the details of a particular user and also send message. All you need to do is right click the selected user twice and a window appears which shows you the details such as user id, name, user name, follower count, friends count, location, time zone, description, current status and time posted. Below the details there is an area where you can type your message and send it to the user via this application.
TwitContact is an innovative and free social networking client as can be concluded from above.
Download TwitContact Twitter desktop client free.