I have reviewed some interesting App Launchers earlier. We had Launchy that stays hidden till you hit Hotkey, and ObjectDock and RocketDock that bring Mac like toolbar to Windows. Today I found one of the most interesting app launcher: Circle Dock. I say it is most interesting because of the way it organizes your applications – in nicely laid out circles or spirals over your desktop! Check out some screenshots below.
For the first time, Windows users now have something more beautiful on their desktop than Mac users.
Circle Dock is a free and open source app launcher for Windows. It lets you create a circular or spiral area on your screen in which you can put the shortcuts for your favorite applications, and your documents. This will keep your desktop completely uncluttered, and provide you a quick access to your applications.
Circle Dock comes with lot of features:
- Launch your programs from a circular dock.
- Circle Dock can be easily resized.
- You can drag and drop your files, folders, and shortcuts onto Circle Dock.
- You can reorder the dock items by draging and dropping them over each other.
- You can change the images shown for the icons.
- You can change the skins, and Circle Dock is compatible with skins of RocketDock and ObjectDock.
- The dock appears where your mouse is by pressing a hotkey (default is F1) or your middle mouse button.
- You can rotate Circle Dock with either your mouse wheel or the keyboard arrow keys.
- Tablet users can adjust click sensitivity.
- Organize the dock items using dock folders.
- Circle Dock is Multi-language capable, and supports French, English, Portuguese, Russian, Italian, Dutch, Hungarian, Indonesian, Serbian, Croatian, Chinese, Spanish, German, and Danish.
Circle Dock brings a really intesresting perspective to your computer. Try it out, your desktop will look pretty awesome.