Diigo is an online bookmarking tool cum personal information management system. It provides support for all major web browsers, iPad, Android, and iPhone to help you collect variety of information from the web. Any item that you add to Diigo online bookmarking platform goes to your Library and can be accessed from anywhere.
You can get started at Diigo by filling custom registration form followed by email verification. Alternately, you can login this service via Twitter, Facebook, Google, or Yahoo.
All you need is to install the Diigo browser add-on with Bookmark, Highlight, Capture and Read Later buttons. The screenshot below will let you gain a better understanding about Diigo toolbar.
Online Bookmarking With Highlighted Text And Sticky Notes:
Unlike other online bookmarking platform, Diigo allows you to include highlighted text and sticky notes on your bookmarked pages. The step-by-step process for advance online bookmarking at Diigo has been stated below. (Diigo toolbar must be installed beforehand.)
- Visit the webpage that you want to bookmark. Then selected the text on page that you want to highlight and click on highlight button at Diigo toolbar. In no time the selected text will get highlighted.
- You may repeat same procedure multiple times for highlighting any section of webpage.To add an online sticky note, Right click on webpage and select ‘Add A Floating Sticky Note’. Soon a blank sticky note will appear on the screen.
- After writing your note you may also define its privacy using the dropdown list. To save your note click on ‘Post‘ button.
- Then you will have to utilize the ‘bookmark’ button on the toolbar.
- Next, provide description and tags to the link as applicable. You may check the checkboxes in lower section of interface to add link to a custom list, reading it later, uploading cached version, sharing to a group, or for sharing on twitter. If the list does not exists; Diigo will create a new one.
- Finally, click on ‘save’ button to complete online bookmarking.
* Whenever you visit the bookmarked page, your sticky notes and page highlights will be shown automatically.
The Final Verdict:
Diigo free online bookmarking service offers really advance options in comparison to many other online bookmarking websites. Many are considering it as a tough competition to Delicious.
* The users with advance requirements can opt for paid plans as well.