SniffPass Password Sniffer is a Window utility that monitors the password which passes through your network adapter and displays the passwords on software screen. The Wincap capture driver must be installed in order for SniffPass Password Sniffer to operate efficiently.
[Also Read: 6 Best Free Password Managers]
SniffPass Password Sniffer can monitor passwords in the network adapter that uses POP3, IMAP4, SMTP, FTP, and HTTP authentication protocols. SniffPass Password Sniffer can retrieve forgotten passwords on the internet, FTP or email client, remote address, local port, remote port, username, and password. SniffPass Password Sniffer cannot operates on Windows XP/SP1. It can only operates on 32 bit Windows operating system platform.
Here are some of the features of this Free Password Sniffer:
- Operate the program as an administrator
- Runs on Windows 98, Windows Millenium, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista
- If run on Windows 2000, and Windows XP, it will capture the TCP/IP packets with the Raw Sockets method. In this cause, you will not be required to install a capture driver
- Save the configuration is saved to a file and not write to a registry
- Compliant with Microsoft Network driver
- Ability to import from tcpdump/libpcap file
- Translate the menus, dialog, boxes into any languages
- Runs with command line program.
SniffPass Password Sniffer is a freeware. It is a very easy to use tool to capture passwords of outgoing traffic.