Here is a compilation of the 15 best free RSS readers for Windows. You can download these free feed readers on your desktop, and easily keep track of all your favorite feeds.
1. Snarfer: This free RSS reader comes with an explorer like structure to organize your feeds. Easily discover and manage all your feeds.
2. FeedDemon: This is one of the most popular feed reader. It comes with Google Reader synchronization, and lets your friends subscribe to your feeds.
3. RSS Owl: This RSS reader is kept constantly updated, with an active development team. It is platform-independent, and can be used in Windows, Mac, and Linux.
4. BlogBridge: It is a free and open source feed reader that runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Especially optimized to keep track of hundreds of feeds.
5. Agile RSS: This comes with a RSS news ticker component that stays usually at the top of the screen and display the headlines of the news as it comes.
6. AlertBear: This RSS Reader has a very different interface. It organizes feeds as stacks, and show on your desktop whenever a new news items comes in your subscribed feed.
9. RSS Bandit: This feed reader works with Google Reader, Facebook, and Newsgator. It can also download podcasts automatically based on your settings. Whenever a new podcast becomes available in your subscribed feed, it will download that.
10. Omea Reader: Free and easy to use RSS reader, NNTP news reader, and web bookmark manager. You can clip excerpts, and manage priorities with flags.
11. FeedTray: This appears as an icon in your Windows taskbar, and notifies you whenever a new item comes in your feeds.
12. Fuzzy Duck: Simple, fast and extremly small, this reader is designed to sit on your desktop and give you the latest headlines and descriptions from all of your news feeds. Thats it. Click a headline and it will open in your internet browser
13. RSS Xpress: This is a simple free RSS Reader that saves your feed items locally, so that you can even access your feeds while offline.
14. GreatNews: It lets you automatically highlight news items based on your channel selection, or selected keywords. This would come very handy when you have subscribed to lot of feeds.
15. Bottom Feeder: This is another free simple RSS Reader.
If you want a web based feed reader, you can try FeedLooks.