Are you addicted to Twitter and love posting tweets? But what if you are away from your computer or phone and cannot tweet? TwitaMatic is an answer to this problem. This free desktop application lets you schedule tweets so that you can stay active on your favorite social networking site even if you are offline and cannot access internet.
Getting started with TwitaMatic
- Download and install the application from the website.
- While installing the application, you need to make sure that you do not install Babylon toolbar. Uncheck the corresponding checkboxes to avoid installing it. Double click the TwitaMatic icon to launch the application.
- When the application is launched, the above window is displayed. To get started, you need to click on ‘Log In’ button. This opens a webpage on your browser where you need to enter your twitter username and password. However, you need to authorize the application to use your account. As such it can do the following:
- Read your tweets.
- Check who you follow
- Update your profile
- Post tweets
However, the application does not have access to your direct messages or see your twitter password.
- Once you authorize the application, you are given a pin which has to be entered in a window which is opened when you launch the application.
- After you submit the valid pin, you can start scheduling your tweets.
Schedule tweets with TwitaMatic
As you can see in the above snapshot, the interface of this application is quite simple and easy to use. You can schedule a tweet by setting it’s date and time under the Tweet details. The already scheduled tweets along with their date and time are already mentioned under Upcoming tweets. You can delete an already scheduled tweet. Once a tweet is posted, it disappears from under Upcoming tweets.
One of the major caveats of using this application is that you can post only 1 tweet in an hour. There must be a time interval of at least 60 minutes between two upcoming tweets. Suppose you schedule a tweet after a time interval of less than 60 minutes, the following dialog box appears:
Irrespective of the flaw that you can post a single tweet in an hour, this free application has a great utility. Imagine when you cannot access your phone or internet but it might be important to tweet. This application lets you do the same and schedule your tweets so that you do not have to personally log into your account and do so.
Download TwitaMatic to schedule tweets for free.