FotoEditor is a free Windows 8 Photo Editor app available under the ‘Photo’ category of Windows 8 Store. Here, in this photo editor app for Windows 8, you can edit photos by using over 40 unique effects such as Artistic, Distort, Morphology, Stylize, Crop, and more. Each of these effects have been further sub-divided to various other filters.
Once you are done with editing a photo, you can now save it to your local machine.
This Windows 8 photo editor app has an elegant use-friendly interface that lets even an unprofessional photographer to give beautiful effects to photos and improve the appearance of photos instantly.
The interesting part is that if you have a web-cam, connect it, and take photos from within the FotoEditor Windows 8 app. Else, you can directly upload photos from Pictures Library of your Windows 8 system and start adding effects in them.
FotoEditor has seven professional categories and each category brings you a number of filters and effects with it. Let me quickly give you the names of effects each professional category brings you.
Seven Professional Categories Of FotoEditor:
- Adjustments: As you click on ‘Adjustments’, you will find a few effects popped-up along with a slider to view more effects such as Brightness, Gamma, Contrast, RGB Balance, Tint Green, Tint Blue, and Tint Red.
- Artistic: Effects such as Classic, Gray Scale, Color Pencil, OilPaint, Posterize, and Sepia are included here in this category of Windows 8 photo editor app.
- Distort: Cylinder, Punch, Pinch, Tile, and Twirl filters are included in this ‘Distort’ category.
- Morphology: This filter and effects category consists of Erode, Dilate, Equalizer, Jitter, Saturation, Normalize, Sharp, and Soften filters.
- Stylize: Filters such as Emboss, Night Vision, Negative, Tritone, and Solarize are included in this category.
- Crop: This category is quite interesting as the crop has various proportions and you need to click on a desired preset ratios to crop photo in that proportion.
- Operations: This last, but of course not the least. In fact, I really liked the filters this category has. Using ‘Operations’, you can rotate photos to 180 degrees, rotate left, rotate right, and play around with other available unique effects.
How to Use Windows 8 Photo Editor App:
As you open the Windows 8 photo editor app, you will see a beautiful column-based tiles interface. Here, on this screen you need to choose ‘Camera’ to capture live picture and edit or just pick a photo from your system’s picture library. All the recently edited images will be listed under a new column named as ‘Recent Images’.
Once you have selected a picture, just open it and start editing it. There is also an ‘Undo’ option that lets you undo an effect, in case you did not like.
In addition, you can also share photos with your friends via Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. from within the app. For this, press ‘Win+C’ to open the Charms bar (once you are done with editing) → click on ‘Share’ button → select a channel through which you want to share photo. Its done.
What I Did Not Like..
The only thing that disappointed me in this photo editor app for Windows 8 is the fact that there is no ‘Preview’ button. Yup.. the app does not allow you to preview a specific effect. It just apply the selected filter as you click on it. Now, in case you did not like, you need to use the ‘Undo’ option. But, a ‘Preview’ button would have made the app more user-friendly. Nonetheless, as long as you have ‘Undo’ button, you can work with applying as many photo filters as you want.
Key Features FotoEditor Windows 8 Photo Editor App:
- Lets you try over 40 unique filters and effects on your photos.
- Lets you capture live photos from within the app, and use them for editing.
- Brings you six professional categories photo effects.
- Lets you save edited photos to your system’s library.
- Lets you share photos with others via Email, Facebook, Twitter, etc. from within the app.
- Lets you Undo, Redo effects anytime.
- It’s a free Windows 8 app.
How To Download FotoEditor In Windows 8:
- Head over to the Windows 8 store and open the Search Charm (Win+Q).
- Type the app name i.e FotoEditor and hit ‘Enter’ key.
- Proceed with the installation instructions and soon the app will be yours in your system’s Start Screen.
In short, FotoEditor is a nice Windows 8 photo editor app to give a unique appearance to your photos, instantly. Go ahead and download FotoEditor photo editor Windows 8 app now.