French Dictionary and Converter is a simple yet useful application that allows to translate words from English to Spanish, French, Hindi, and Turkish. It also provides a dictionary to find out the meaning of words quickly. It uses Google Translator, Glosbe API to translate words, and requires an active Internet connection. But it also auto stores previous searches so that you can find out the meanings without using your Internet connection.
You don’t need to open your web browser and use Google Translator specially to translate words or to find out meanings. While working on your desktop, you can make use of this portable application to translate words from English to Spanish, or in other supported language.
At present, it is limited to only few languages but more languages will be added in future.
In screenshot above, you can see its main interface where it provides two main tabs: translate and Dictionary. That’s why it is also known as only ‘Translate and Dictionary’ application.
Translate tab allows to translate a whole sentence or word into any of the supported language. Just set the input and output language, enter the text at the required field, and press enter. You will find results at the bottom part using Google Translator and Glosbe.
In the similar way, you can use Dictionary tab. Just set the input and output language, write the word whose meaning you want to find out, and press enter. Result will be in front of you.
Some Key Features Present In This Free Application To Translate Words and Find Meanings of Words are:
- A very simple application that allows to translate the sentences or words and also lets you find out the meanings of words quickly. Just enter the query and press enter button.
- It also stores previous searches which is helpful to find out the meaning or translate the sentences without an Internet connection.
- Uses Google Translator and Glosbe API.
- Zip archive of French Dictionary and Converter is less than 1 MB.
- It is a portable application. Just extract the zip archive and double-click executable jar file. Java needs to be installed on PC to run it successfully.
- Provides a forced internet search option. It allows users to translate words and find meanings using Internet, even if you have searched a particular content before.
Note: Check out these 5 free dictionary software reviewed by us.
French Dictionary and Converter is handy for all users. Two applications are available in a single executable jar file. It can be used offline as well as it saves searches made by users along with results.