WhatsApp now has short video messages for asynchronous communication. Till now we had voice messages as an alternative to sending long texts. And now you can do the same thing with short videos. The same voice message button can now be used to record short instant videos and send them to the recipient. They can do the same thing and keep the conversation going.
WhatsApp video messages are a great way to communicate important updates and information to your contacts when texting or calling isn’t feasible. Here are 3 simple use case where you can leverage WhatsApp instant video messages to improve asynchronous communication:
- Provide work updates: Instead of lengthy text updates, send a brief video summarizing your progress, next steps, other actions. Your recipient can watch the video at their convenience.
- Give instructions: Show your colleague how to do something or walk them through some process. Just shoot a quick video demonstration by keeping it brief and to the point.
- Share good news: It can be used to share good news quickly with friends and family. Snap a short video message congratulating them or providing a highlight. They’ll appreciate seeing your smile along with the message.
How to Send Short Video Message on WhatsApp?
Here is how to use this new video message feature of WhatsApp
- Make sure that you have the latest update of WhatsApp.
- Tap on the voice message button once and it will turn to video icon.
- Press the video message icon and then drag it upward to lock it. The video recording will start now.
- You can either record a 60 second clip or a shorter one. Release the button and then message will be sent.
This is how you can now easily send short video messages on WhatsApp. In the above screenshots, I have used it on Android. But you can do the same thing on iOS as well.
Note: This feature is being rolled out to everyone slowly. So, if you don’t get it even after updating WhatsApp to the latest version then you just have to wait for a few days.
This new video messages feature is a nice addition to WhatsApp after screen sharing, proxy server, and multi account login. Now instead of making video calls again and again even for the small things, you will not have to do that. Just send a short video message and you can shoot video from any camera on your phone; front and back. No matter if you want to use it in your daily life at work, it will help you. It is also useful for WhatsApp business users to quickly share quotes and product updates.