Safire is a free music media player that lets you play audio video files, integrates built in browser (Pasco), and provides karaoke mode to listen to only music from audio file. Although you can play video files too, but it will play only audio of those files (video not supported). Supported audio formats are: Mp3, Ogg, Mp2, Ogg, Wma, Mp1, Flac, Wav, Mod, Aiff, S3M, Mtm and more.
Its interface is simple and beautiful which is customizable (you can change skin and background image). The features that make it different from some other media player are its Karaoke feature and auto downloading facility for missing album cover pictures and missing artist pictures.
Other than these features, it lets you connect to your last.fm account and provides you songs, artists, and albums that matches your taste. Moreover, Safire also helps you to find out lyrics of a particular song with the help of Lyrics Fetcher. You can easily add songs and create playlist in this media player by drag n drop media files.
See Key Features of This Free Music Media Player:
- Supports multiple audio files and also lets you play audio out of the video files.
- Automatically downloads images for album covers and artists.
- Lyrics fetcher helps to find lyrics of a song.
- Allows you to connect to your last.fm account. You can also browse other users recent songs on last.fm.
- You can easily change the background image of player and can even change skins. Supports *.sskf and *.xaml form skin files.
- Free of cost available.
How To Use Safire Music Media Player?
On its interface, you will find multiple sections available at top part such as: Now Playing, Library, Home, Fx, Visualization etc. Look at the important sections of this free music media player:
- Library: This section is used to add songs to your music library. You can provide the source directory and it will automatically add music files from that directory to library. By adding songs to library, you can create your playlists from those added songs or can drag n drop files to create playlist. Any playlist created by you is easily editable and you can delete playlists whenever you want.
- Home: This is one of the important section of this player. This section provides 3 slides which you can drag to view one by one. Or else you can click on radio buttons available at bottom part in home section to view these slides. These slides contain multiple options such as: view most listened songs, view all songs, artists, search library, Safire image downloader, audio spectrum etc.
- FX Section: With this section, you will be able to access equalizer, enable/disable dynamic Amplifier, use stereo widening, and can try karaoke feature. Although karaoke feature is a good idea in this media music player, but it is not effectively implemented here. Reason is that it only turns vocals of song to very low pitch. Also it reduces the quality of music. So you wont be able to fully enjoy this Karaoke mode but you can try it.
- Pasco: It is an inbuilt web browser of Safire and helps you to connect to Internet and perform work or access social networks while enjoying the music.
- Ivy: This section will let you install supported plugins and provides lyrics fetcher & Last.fm Image browser.
These are the important sections which you can access and use while listening to music with Safire. Other than this, you can access its settings to change background image, skins, and for creating a new account on Last.fm.
We have also reviewed 5 best free media players.
Download And Installation Process:
You can download this free music media player using the link available at the end of this article. It is 30mb in size and requires Microsoft .NET 4.0 and Microsoft SQL SE 3.5 SP2. Both of these software will be installed automatically during installation process of Safire. But if you want, you can download and install them manually from download page. After completing the installation process of Safire, you can open it from installed location or from start menu.
Safire is a new and good music media player indeed. Yet it needs improvements such as there is only a single dark theme which you can use. You need to download supported skins manually to change its theme. Other than this, karaoke mode needs improvement as it provides very low-level music quality. But overall Safire is a nice player and brings few new ideas too. You can give a try to this free music media player. Click the below link to access its download page.
You would also like to try these 9 best free software to arrange music.