SkyDrive app is a free Skydrive app for iPhone to store and share files and documents online on any iOS device. SkyDrive is the official app by Microsoft, now for iOS devices too. SkyDrive works with your Windows Live credentials.
Skydrive can easily store your files and other documents up to 7 GB online. Microsoft has made it more easier by introducing iOS version to access and manage files and documents on your iOS devices. I tried this app on my iPad. The app worked well on my iPad. Uploading and sharing is too simple when you have SkyDrive as an online storage with you.
One of the important uses to have SkyDrive app for iPhone is to access files of your computer from iPhone. You can just upload those files to your SkyDrive, and then later access them from iPhone anytime.
iOS version comes up with a nice security option on sharing the files or any other documents. Whenever you share a file from your SkyDrive app on iPhone or any other iOS device, the app offers you the option to select the permission (view only or view and edit) to whom you are sending the file. On sharing a file or any document, the app sends the SkyDrive link of that document or folder.
The only thing which I didn’t find in iOS version of SkyDrive is creating a new document file on iPhone or any other iOS device. When you are logged in with your MSN account on your PC, you get the option to create a new document (word, excel, PowerPoint, one note) and save it on your SkyDrive storage. But this options is not available in iOS version of SkyDrive.
Also check Box.Net app for Android reviewed by us.
What I Like About SkyDrive For iPhone:
- Store files and documents up to 7GB online.
- Share files from your SkyDrive via email.
- You can edit any document or file within the app.
- Fast and easy to access on any iOS device.
- Awesome security permission on sharing a file or any other document.
- You can delete a file directly from the app.
- App is smart enough to resize the photos uploaded on SkyDrive.
- Official app from Microsoft.
- Move the file uploaded to any folder created on SkyDrive.
- Copy any document, image or any video to clipboard.
- Download or rename the file from within the app.
What I Didn’t Liked About SkyDrive For iPhone:
- Doesn’t have the option to create a new document file that is word, excel, PowerPoint and one note.
- Only share via email.
How To Install Official SkyDrive App On iPhone:
- Login to App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Search for “SkyDrive” app in App Store on your iPhone.
- If you have a Barcode Reader app, the scan the QR Code below.
- Install the app on your iOS device.
The free SkyDrive for iPhone will be automatically installed. Tap here to download SkyDrive app on your iPhone from App Store.
Already existing users with MSN account, created before 22nd April 2012, have an offer of upgrading their storage up to 25GB. Today I upgraded my SkyDrive storage and I am very happy for that.