Contacts Sync is a free software to sync Outlook contacts with Gmail contacts. It can sync in both the directions. So, you can sync Outlook contacts with Gmail contacts, and also sync Gmail contacts with Outlook contacts.
Mobile users like Android, iPhone, Blackberry, and Tablets also can use contacts sync to sync Outlook contacts with Gmail contacts. The Outlook versions supported are: Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, and Outlook 2010.
How to Sync Outlook Contacts With Gmail:
Contacts Sync is quite easy to use software. After you visit the website of this software, Click on download software. This will redirect you to login to Gmail. After you login it will ask permission to retrieve mail contacts of your Gmail. Click OK and then it will redirect you to Download Page.
Install the software and then click on the desktop icon to open the software. Steps to sync Outlook to Gmail are:
- In the configuration tab, enter your Gmail username and password.
- Click on the Save Settings before trying to sync the contacts.
- Select the Outlook contact folder to sync or browse the folder yourself.
- In the sync settings you can select whether to sync Gmail contacts to outlook or outlook contacts to Gmail.
- Then click Synchronize to sync the contacts.
- The other settings available are: Enable automatic scheduling to sync contacts, you can specify the time, you can also request for notifications, and add to startup. Don’t forget to save the settings before you exit.
- You can also set proxy settings. The proxy settings tab will appear as shown below.
- In this proxy settings you can: Enable proxy settings, use windows default proxy settings, provide proxy host address, and provide proxy username, password if they are set previously. After changing all the proxy settings, click save settings.
Once you do that, this free software will take care of syncing Outlook and Gmail contacts. This will retrieve all the contacts including other contacts also. The sync status will be displayed in balloon tips in Windows notification area. There is a paid version also; but the free version does all the work we need.
Download free here. Also check out Gmail Notifier.
Tried it and to my surprise it worked great (I did not have much luck with other tools I tried before). It would be awesome if you did not have to run it twice (once for Gmail, another for Outlook), and even better if it kept contacts in sync as a background job (like Xmarks). But at the very least, it’s a good start..
@Alek: Thanks for the feedback. I agree that there are opportunities to further streamline working of this software, but at least it works :)
I’ve tried your program but it doesn’t work.
I’ve an error when sync from gmail to outlook
************** Débogage JIT **************
Pour activer le débogage juste-à-temps (JIT), le fichier de configuration pour cette
application ou cet ordinateur (machine.config) doit avoir la valeur
jitDebugging définie dans la section system.windows.forms.
L’application doit également être compilée avec le débogage
Par exemple :
Lorsque le débogage juste-à-temps est activé, les exceptions non gérées
seront envoyées au débogueur JIT inscrit sur l’ordinateur
plutôt que d’être gérées par cette boîte de dialogue.
And when I tried in the other way, it says it’s synced but nothing on my contacts gmails.
Can you help me?
Just tried this and it works fine except-
If you have a phone number saved under ‘main’ in gmail contacts it fails to import that into outlook.
Any chance of getting this to sync on a regular basis? i.e when you open outlook etc?