Garmin Communicator Plugin is a free software which allows its users to transfer data between Garmin GPS devices and websites very easily. You just have to install this plug-in and you are done. Now you just connect your Garmin supported GPS device and you can transfer all the related files and data to Garmin navigation system. This works with all Garmin devices including Garmin Nuvi 255w.
Users can easily integrate the communicator plug-in to any site with the help of this Garmin plug-in API. This API helps the user by providing all the components which are required from transferring data between GPS devices and websites that too with ease. You can also read our article EasyGPS on free software available for various GPS devices.
Let us have a look at the how this Garmin communicator plug-in works:
- First step is to download and install this plug-in your PC
- Now you can use device display for cutting and pasting examples
- Device control is also there which is used only by the advanced users
- Now you have to sign up for the API (Application programming interface) account key and you are done after this step
Let’s have a look at the features of this free Plug-in, Garmin communicator plugin:
- It can automatically detect all the devices connected to computer
- All the device information like imei number, software version etc can be read by this plug-in
- Support for browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari
- Most of the Garmin devices are supported
Garmin Communicator Plugin is basically a free plug-in for your browser. Once you have installed this plug-in it will be able to send and retrieve data from your Garmin GPS device.