Shotty is a free screenshot capture tool that enables users to take computer screenshots. Unlike other applications that capture screenshots, Shotty boasts an array of useful features that make it a sought after screenshot tool. In fact, this neat little screenshot capture tool has already been getting some really good coverage in blogging world.
Shotty not only captures screenshots, but also let you edit screenshots. All screenshot editing is able to be performed by this single free screenshot software. Shotty is not a heavy program and will not cause a computer’s CPU over-load or work harder and will not, in any way, interfere with the performance of other programs that may be running on the machine at the same time.
One of Shotty’s unique feature is the fact that it saves and preserves all the drop shadows and translucent glass borders that are often found in some editions of Windows 7 and Vista. These translucent glass borders are also referred to as “Windows Aero”. Shotty saves these Aero theme screenshots in transparent PNGs.
The “Delay Capture” option allows users to capture screenshots of webpage menus and the like, which tend to disappear quickly; once clicked on. This means a user is able, for example, to capture the image of a program’s tools menu, prior to it disappearing.
Other features of this free and easy-to-use screenshot program, include the following:
- This free screenshot software takes high quality “Windows Aero” images and unlike other applications, users are able to edit such images to suit their needs. Shotty does not rely on the systems settings to take screenshots.
- Shotty allows users to capture screenshots exactly how they look on the web. The color, layout and text is copied exactly the same.
- Users are able to perform various editing procedures to either enhance or perhaps adjust a screenshot. Some of these editing options are, the ability to crop, change the sharpness, blur text, highlight text or to change the text completely.
- The direct upload features makes introducing your screenshot edits to friends and colleagues, so much easier. Users simply upload Shotty directly into the Internet, with one click of the mouse.
- Using the Shotty “Hotkey” (Ctrl + Print), the application will take a screenshot of whatever active application you’re working in or on. Once the screenshot has been taken, the user may then click on the Shotty icon in the system tray and configure the application to his or her personal preferences. Left-clicking allows the user to choose which part of the captured screenshot he or she wishes to save – a single screen or a selected region.
Some other screenshot capture tools we covered earlier include: Screenshot Captor, Twitter screenshot share, Firefox screenshot plugin, and Chrome Screenshot extension.
Shotty is a completely free application and users will not be asked to pay any monies a later date. This free screenshot software is available in the following languages English, German, Italian, Spanish and Polish. Don’t delay, if taken screenshots is what you want or need to do, Shotty is the program to use. Download Shotty free.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Shotty: Best Screenshot Capture Freeware | Free Software -- Topsy.com