StatiCloud is a free website hosting service that lets you host static websites free. You just need to upload your website in zip format, and StatiCloud will host it for you for free. You are able to create your custom URL like mywebsite.staticloud.com.
StatiCloud is perfect for those who want to quickly setup a small website to show a POC to someone, or just setup a free family website, or just your own personal static website with a few page. You cannot host CMS like WordPress or Joomla using this, but you can always try free WordPress hosting.
How to Host Static Website Free with StatiCloud:
- You start with creating website on your computer. If you have never created a website before, you can start with one these free CSS website templates. Just download the template that looks good to you.
- After that, you can edit these templates using any easy to use HTML editor, like, PageBreeze or Kompozer.
- Make sure the start page of your website is “index.html”.
- Once you are done with everything, just zip the folder that has all the files of your website, and upload them to StatiCloud.
- You can choose the URL of your website, that ends with StatiCloud.com
- StatiCloud will unzip the files, and host the website for you for free. You can share the URL with your friends and your family.
That’s it. StatiCloud makes it extremely simple to host static websites for free. However, I would not recommend using it for more professional websites as it does not lets you use your own URL (like, www.ilovefreesoftware.com), and does not comes with FTP access or CMS option. But it’s pretty good if you just want to throw a quick website to share with friends.
StatiCloud is completely free, and does not requires any registration. Try StatiCloud free.
Pingback: Tweets that mention Host Static Website Free with StatiCloud | Free Software -- Topsy.com