SlideDeck is a free jQuery slider that allows the user to pack and organize the content on a web page into an elegant slider. The advantages of using Sliders in the web page are:
- It saves a lot of space and the web designer can pack in more information into the page.
- The web designer can do this without compromising on the look of the page.
All the extra information packed into the page does not make it look clumsy or disordered. So there are multiple advantages in using a slider while designing the web page. This free jQuery slider plugin for WordPress helps in doing just that.
The free version of SlideDeck is available for download at Slidedeck.com and can be integrated into the web page using jQuery plugin versions. This does not require any hand coding by the designer, and hence all of this can be done real fast. The free version of Slidedeck is GPL, and is branded as SlideDeck. It comes with tons of skins, CSS customization, and lot more. Paid versions remove branding, and provide vertical slider and touch screen support.
The user can customize the slider to suit the look and feel of the web page that is being designed.
Features of SlideDeck:
- Autoplaying option: The slider can be moved automatically to display the information as soon as the page gets loaded in the browser. So the user will be able to see all the information at once, without having to click on individual items manually.
- Full CSS customization: The user is allowed to customize the slider completely according to his needs. The skins can be changed using the WordPress plugin.
- SEO friendly: Packing information into the slider using SlideDeck actually boosts the ranking of the web page. The search engine will be able to identify the web page more easily when the information in the slider is organized and can be indexed by the search engine.
- SkinDeck: The user can download skins and use them on the sliders whenever needed. All this can be done using the WordPress plugins, which is very much user friendly.
- Touch screen and image supports: Touch screen support and using background images on the sliders are also possible on certain versions of the SlideDeck plugin.
- Integrating RSS feeds: The web designer can also integrate RSS feeds into the sliders, so that each tab can present real time news and information on various topics in a categorized manner.
All these features make SlideDeck a really cool plugin to embed jQuery Sliders into the web page, which will make them look attractive and at the same time, efficient.