This post contains some of the best free macOS themes for Windows 11. Using these skins, you can make your Windows 11 desktop look like Mac. These themes bring the menu bar and apps dock to replace the Windows Taskbar. You even get Yosemite and OSX wallpapers and the macOS’s cursor with rainbow colored busy indicator.
I have added different Mac skins pack below and they work a bit differently. Some of them modify all Windows components while some of them only modify the core components to only give macOS look. And it depends on you which one you want to use. And not just Windows 11 but you can use them on Window 10 too.
After you install any of these skin packs, they will keep the original Mac look persistent on the desktop even if you restart your system. But later you can remove these if you think you no longer need them. Also, you need to keep one thing in mind that when you use any of these themes, they will use more system resources.
3 Free macOS Themes for Windows 11 to Make it Look Like Mac
macOS Transformation Pack 5.0
I found macOS Transformation Pack 5.0 to be one of the best free themes for Windows 11 that you can use. It exactly imitates the Mac’s menu bar and dock along with the desktop wallpaper. All you have to do is install it and then restart your PC. When your PC restarts, you will see that the desktop has been completely changed and it will look more like macOS.
Here are the main features of this skin pack.
- It gives you freedom to modify a lot of Windows components to make them look like macOS.
- Adds a silver top menu bar that also shows current running apps. The top menu bar works as a Windows Taskbar replacement. It shows date and time as well as the system tray icons.
- The dock supports autohide property and has the exact macOS animations as well. You can pin apps and remove the default ones easily. You can also change the size of the dock as well.
- This theme adds macOS’s black and rainbow-colored cursor.
- Adds apple logo in the menu bar and when you click it, it will bring the Start menu.
- This theme adds Yosemite’s popular mountain wallpaper whose colors will be adapted by various Windows components.
You can see in the screenshot above how these theme looks finally on Windows 11 desktop. Just download its setup file from the link above. Install it and then restart your PC. During the installation, you can choose certain options such as the behavior of the dock.
macOS UX Pack
macOS UX Pack is another free skin pack that you can use to give your Windows 11 PC Mac like look. This is quite similar to the skin pack above but here it doesn’t offer macOS icons. But the other things are kind of the same. You will get the dock for launching the apps as well as the top menu bar. Just install it and then forget it. Unlike the theme above, you will not have to restart your PC to see the changes.
Here are the main features of this skin pack.
- It adds menu bar on the desktop which replaces the Taskbar. You can see focused window title and system date and time as well as.
- The dock supports autohide property and you can resize it as well. You can pin apps and remove the default ones easily. You can change the size of the dock as well and even run it on top of all applications.
- The menu bar on the top logo in the menu bar and when you click it, it will bring the Start menu.
- This theme adds Yosemite’s popular mountain wallpaper. But if you have other wallpapers from a different version of macOS then you can use that here as well.
In the above screenshot, see how this theme looks on Windows 11. Get its setup from the link above. Install it like any other Windows software and the theme will be applied automatically. Before starting the installation, you can specify some options in the wizard such as selecting system font.
macOS Monterey SkinPack
macOS Monterey SkinPack is yet another freemium skin pack that you can download and use on your Windows 11 PC. It has a minimal free version that comes without dock and icons. But it can change the wallpaper of your desktop to that of macOS Monterey as well as install the new cursor theme. As far as the dock is concerned, you can install one additionally to have a macOS look alike.
We have covered free docks for Windows 11 already and you can select any of them. Personally, I would recommend you to use Rocket Dock or you can also use Nexus Docks depending on which one you find best looking. The cursor themes that come with this skin pack are really cool. But there are individual cursor themes like this available and you can download and use them if you want to.
Use the above link and go ahead to download this macOS skin for Windows 11 and then install it. After installation, you will have to restart your PC. And before restarting, I will recommend you to install a dock and then place it on your desktop. Finally, after you restart your PC, you will have macOS HD wallpaper, cursor themes, and dock to launch apps.
Closing things up:
These are the best free macOS themes that you can install and try on Windows 11. I liked all of them but personally I will recommend you to use macOS Transformation Pack 5.0. This is because it adds more options but the other skin packs that I have added are good as well but they come with minimal features.