FileFriend is a free online storage space where you can upload files from your computer. You can upload files of any size, and use as much storage as you need. FileFriend is completely free if you sign up by January 31, 2012. They have not yet revealed what will be the payment plans after that.
This free online file storage and online file sharing website lets you easily upload any file, and share with friends. The files are stored indefinitely unless you delete them (or they violate TOS). And to upload a file, you just need to drag and drop it on the browser window.
You need to sign up in order to use this online storage application. However, it is very useful and gives you multiple benefits.
Unlike any other storage application server it has got some unique features that make it different from others in many aspects.
Also check out other online photo storage and online music storage websites we reviewed earlier.
Features of Free Online Unlimited File Storage Service:
- At present it is completely free for use.
- There is a drag and drop feature for uploading files other than the normal system that is prevalent.
- You can also see what your friends are uploading as well.
- As specified earlier, you need to sign up in order to use this application. However, you need only an email id to join this online file storage website.
- You can copy files from other users as well.
- You also have the opportunity of downloading the files uploaded by other users.
- All your friends can be searched alphabetically.
- You can also search users or search files in this application.
- The maximum amount of data you can transfer is 32GB which is quite a lot for any normal user.
- You can also share your files with your friends here.
How to Use FileFriend to Upload and Share Large Files:
- At first you need to visit the following website
- Then you need to sign up either with your email id or you can connect with Facebook and Twitter.
- An activation mail will be sent which you need to confirm in order to progress with your account.
- Once you log in you can upload the files in the Activity tab where at the bottom right corner you can find the Upload Files button which can be used for uploading the files.
- You can constantly see the new and highly rated files that are being uploaded at every moment in the left centered window.
- The files that you have uploaded or copied from others are available for view at the My Files tab.
- You can also add a picture to your profile in the Profile tab and can also change the password.
All in all FileFriend is a good application that can meet the requirements when you want to back up your files online in order to prevent them from getting lost when they are needed to be restored back.