Chrome Remote Desktop app for Android is a free app using which you can control your computer from anywhere. Currently this app supports PC and Mac. Google has already released the Chrome browser based remote desktop a while back and now we get an Android counterpart. The way Chrome Remote Desktop works is fairly simple: just install the remote desktop extension and you can access your computer remotely from anywhere in the world by using an Android device. Remote desktop apps are not new, but the ease with which you can use Google’s offering to remotely connect to your PC makes this app great.
How to use Chrome Remote Desktop for Android to connect to your PC remotely:
Before we start, you need to have Google Chrome on your computer which you can get from here.While Google Chrome is available and a popular browser for Windows, MAC, and Linux; this app only works for Windows and MAC. Follow the steps below to configure the Chrome Remote Desktop extension and make remote connection using your Android device.
- After installation of Chrome, get the Chrome Remote Desktop extension from here. Click on button as pointed below to install this extension to your browser. Then you will have the dialog box in front of you as seen here. Click on the ‘Add’ button.
- Now launch this extension that you just downloaded from the browser. You will be presented the dialog; here you need to grant permission to this extension. Click on continue and complete the simple process.
- After authorizing Chrome Remote Desktop extension, you will have the two options in front of you as shown here. We need to use the second one, so click on the ‘get started’ button as pointed out below.
- Now click on the Enable remote connection button and then the extension will ask you to set a PIN. This PIN will be used to remotely log on to the computer from the Android app.
- After getting a success message as seen below you will be able to connect to this PC remotely.
- Install Chrome Remote Desktop for Android from the link provided at the end of this tutorial.
- Launch the app and you will find your computer listed in the app’s interface as seen here. Tap on it to connect.
- You need to make sure that the Google account that you are using in this app is the same as the one used to log into Chrome. Otherwise you will get the error as show below.
- The app will ask you for the PIN. You will need to enter the same PIN here which you used to while setting up the Chrome extension.
- Enter the PIN and you will have a remote connection to your PC. Now you can see that the app is remotely connected to the PC and the whole desktop can be seen here.
- Tapping the menu button will present you option to disconnect and other options as well.
Chrome Remote Desktop for Android is a great tool for remotely connecting with your computer over the internet. It is quite easy to setup when compared to similar apps. In my tests, Chrome Remote Desktop for Android worked incredibly smoothly and provided full control of the computer. Even when Windows was displayed on the small screen of my device, the touch controls worked nicely and I was able to enter accurate touches on small interface with ease. Control your computer with ease using Chrome Remote Desktop for Android.
Get Chrome Remote Desktop for Android from here or scan the QR code below.