Golden Videos VHS to DVD Converter is a freeware to convert VHS tapes to DVD movies. If you have old VHS tapes, you can transfer video of those to your PC, and then use this free VHS to DVD Converter to convert those videos to DVD format.
Golden Videos free VHS to DVD Converter also improves your video quality during the conversion process, and comes with video restoration tools. It also lets you burn videos directly to DVD using built-in DVD burner.
How to Convert VHS to DVD:
- To convert a VHS to DVD, you first need a way to transfer your VHS video to your PC. For that, you can use a RCA to USB cable that connects to RCD output of VCR, and passes the video to USB port of your computer. Such cables are commonly available on Amazon and eBay. Here is a screenshot of one such cable:
- Once you have the cable, or other USB video capture device, you need to download and install this freeware.
- After installation, you are ready to convert VHS to DVD. This freeware comes with a nice easy to use interface that has a wizard format.
- The opening screen asks you whether you want to create a new recording, or load some previous recording. Choose option of “New Recording” from this.
- After that, connect your VCR to your USB port. Put VHS tape in that, and press Play on it.
- Then, in Golden Videos, select the video and audio device from which it needs to capture video. In most of the cases, it would automatically detect that. It will then start capturing that video.
- Once recording is complete, it gives you many options:
- You can preview video
- Convert video to DVD format, and burn to DVD.
- Save video as a file in your PC.
- Upload recorded video to YouTube
- Convert VHS video to iPod, iPhone, PSP, and other portable devices format.
- Edit VHS video
- Just choose from one of the actions above, and it will save your file accordingly.
Download Golden Videos VHS to DVD Converter free.