Rolio is a free web application that lets you read RSS Feeds from all your favorite sites in real-time. It’s a simple and easy to use app that aggregates real-time RSS feeds and social media content from different websites and displays them on a common visual platform. Rolio assembles all social media elements at one place, making it easier for you to keep up-to-date with the topics of your interest.
After the news of Google Reader’s sudden shut off became a controversy on the internet, everybody is looking around for a good alternative for Google’s most popular app to keep track of their RSS subscriptions. And Rolio is quite a good solution for that. In fact, I would have included it in my list of 5 free web alternatives for Google Reader if I had found it earlier. It not only lets you read aggregated news from all your favorite media sites on a common platform, but also integrates your Facebook news feeds and Twitter timeline with your Rolio account.
Register Free on Rolio:
You can create a free account on Rolio by registering yourself with the service. The registration process is quite simple and takes few seconds of yours. Use the link given at the end of this article to go to the website page and click on the “Sign Up” button. You will be provided with a form where you need to fill details like your username, email id, and password. Then you can simply sign up with Rolio and add some initial services for RSS subscriptions to start using the app.
Add Subscriptions to your Rolio account:
The app will display a Feed wizard from where you can easily choose from thousands of different websites belonging to different categories to add to your account. And if you don’t find the desired website listed, you can simply add it by entering its RSS URL or Website URL.
Read RSS Feeds on Rolio:
Rolio has been designed with full simplicity, keeping in mind the ease of users to read their daily RSS and social media feeds in a convenient format. Once you add the desired sources to your Rolio account, new articles will appear automatically on the left side of your wall. You can use the search box anytime to search for particular feeds within your Rolio account, or subscribe to more website feeds using the “Add Feeds” button.
On the right hand side, you will see logos of recently added services which you can click upon anytime to view all articles of that website. Apart from that, you can also create groups and organize your feeds to view articles from multiple publishers with a single click.
Key features of Rolio:
- Free Web Service to Read RSS Feeds.
- Aggregate real-time RSS feeds and social media content from thousands of websites on a common platform.
- Lets you choose from a wide range of websites falling into different categories including News, Business & Finance, Sport, Politics, Entertainment, Science, Technology, Health, Lifestyle, and Travel.
- Sub categorize the categories to narrow down website search. Like under “Entertainment”, you have 6 different sub-categories (Celebrity & Showbiz, Movies & Film, Television & Radio, Music, Books, Comedy, and Arts).
- Can also add a specific website directly by entering its RSS URL or Website URL.
- Visually pleasing interface.
- Import feeds from your your iGoogle or Google Reader account.
- Displays feeds in continuation and add more feeds to the page as you scroll down.
- Seamlessly integrates timeline of your social media accounts with Rolio, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Displays full article in a new tab with one click.
- Displays trending news feeds in a separate section.
- Search bar to search for particular Rolio feeds.
- Option to add feeds to your Favorite.
- Create Groups to organize and manage RSS feeds.
- Easy to use.
- Simple and completely free.
The Final Verdict:
Rolio is for no doubt, a great service to read all your RSS feeds and social media updates on a common platform. It’s a nice free service that allows you to keep your knowledge up to date with the latest happenings around the world. And for those who are always keen to get updated with their favorite topics, this service is a must try.