Paint.NET is a very popular and a good to use image and photo editing software. As it supports multiple file formats, so it becomes very easy to create and edit images with this image editing tool. However, feature of loading, creating, and saving animated gif images is still missing in Paint.NET. So you cannot make animated gif images. What to do in that case? Here, you need to install a plugin (animated gif plugin) to Paint.NET which will help you overcome this situation.
So here is the Animated Gif Plugin for Paint.NET in form of .dll file. With the help of this plugin, you will be able to create and save gif images with animation. It will add a new extension to Paint.NET (while saving) with the name of “Animated Gif (gif, agif)”, just like the below mentioned screenshot.
You can see that while saving your animated gif, you will find a new extension type for that. Now see below how it is possible!
How To Create Animated Gif In Paint.NET With Animated Gif Plugin?
As far as is the matter of working process in Paint.NET, it is same like regular. You don’t need to do anything extra. Just one thing you need to do is add Animated Gif Plugin to Paint.NET. For this, you need to do the following steps:
- Download Animated Gif Plugin for Paint.NET. At the end you will find the download link for that.
- After downloading, extract AnimatedGifLibrary zip archive into a folder. This will provide you ‘AnimatedGifLibrary.dll file’ which you need to add (copy paste) to Paint.NET’s FileTypes Folder.
- The default location is “C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\FileTypes”.
- Once after adding this plugin, you can open Paint.NET. Now open any desired gif file or start a new file. Start using tools (pencil, brush, colors) etc. and add layers to your gif image.
- Once after completing the image, you can use Save as option from File menu of Paint.NET. This will help you to store your animated gif image at the desired location with ‘gif, agif’ file format (as mentioned in first screenshot). But at the time of saving, you need to add loops and animation delay (in milliseconds) for your animation. Add loops if you want, and likewise provide delay time and tap on OK button.
That’s all you need to do. After saving your animated gif, you can open it from stored location using any web browser. This plugin moves Paint.NET a step ahead and you can now create animated gif images in Paint.NET too. Therefore, if you want to add this Animated Gif Plugin to Paint.NET for free, then click below link for this.
You may also have a look at these best free GIF Animators reviewed by us.