Avast Free Antivirus is one of the best free antivirus software. It has a very good antivirus engine, that works better than lot of other free antivirus products out there. And now Avast has come up with an even enhanced version of free antivirus as Avast 5. This latest free Avast antivirus has an even improved antivirus and anti-spyware engine, comes with real time anti-rootkit protection, and provides File shield, Mail Shield, P2P shield, Network Shield, IM Shield, and Behavior shield, and automatic updates. And all this for free.
Avast free antivirus is an internet security application software that enables users to surf the World Wide Web without fear of security threats that may be lurking such as viruses and spyware. It has been specially designed to safeguard your PC and data held therein against all types of spyware and viruses. Given the numbers of users that have registered with the software over the years, i.e. 130 million plus users and still counting, it has proven to be efficient and reliable than even many of the paid antivirus software.
Avast free antivirus is available for download for free. Unlike other types of paid security software that takes up a lot of system resources, avast free antivirus is very economical. For example, to install and use avast free antivirus, all you need is a PC with a minimum of Pentium 3, 128 MB of RAM capacity and 100 MB of hard disk space. This in comparison with modern system specifications is very minimal. In addition, it has been designed to run on all versions of Window, i.e. Win-2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7.
Features of Avast Free Antivirus:
Avast free antivirus has one of the most enhanced and sophisticated scanning mechanism and as such, offers adequate security from known internet threats, i.e. viruses, spyware as well as other commonly known malicious malware. It includes:
- Real-time anti-rootkit protection: This has been designed to scan all known kernel-mode applications that the system software loads for traces of rootkit behavior. This ensures that if there are existing unknown root-kits in the system, they are identified and eliminated before they can pose threats to the system.
- Avast Community IQ ensures that avast free antivirus is able to source its information on various kinds of threat from its central database. Data herein are sourced from various sources thus ensuring that avast free antivirus is well informed of merging threats.
- Boot time scanner in avast free antivirus has been specially designed to scan your PC for any existing threats even before your system has begun. Other forms of scanning in avast free antivirus include wake-up for scan and scheduled scanning. The former functions in waking windows while in sleep mode for a normal scan while the latter scans data stored in the system at specific times.
- Protects against infections from chat, and P2P downloads
- Protects against infections from hacked websites.
Avast Free Antivirus is a well-built antivirusw software to provide trustworthy protection to your PC. The free version lacks a firewall and antispam filter. So, you would need to club it with a free firewall, and a free antispam software.