ImageMatting.com is an AI trained online tool to remove backgrounds from images with automatic fixing of sharp edges. This eliminates the need for touch-ups thereby saving many hours of work for a graphic designer. The AI algorithm has been fueled by learning from millions of top quality handcrafted images to produce a precise result.
ImageMatting.com is also available as a plugin for Adobe Photoshop and generates editable layer masks for professional artists. Photos not taken in a studio environment with good lighting and flat color background will not yield good results due to AI related limitations. The size of output images is restricted to 2048 pixels (longer edge) or smaller due to computing restraints.
How it Works:
- Access the online tool at this link.
- Select or Drag and Drop an image file.
- Toggle the ‘Processed’ button to check and verify the results.
- Download the Processed image with background removed and sharp edges.
There are no restrictions on the image size of the uploaded file but source files can only be in the JPG format and the processed file can only be downloaded in the PNG format. If you require any other input / output format you can use the Adobe Photoshop plugin.
- There is a limit of 14 Mb for the processed image.
- Bulk upload of source files and image batch processing aren’t supported at the time of writing this article.
- Complex and textured backgrounds cannot be removed accurately with this tool. See the results below.
Overall, Imagematting.com does some awesome work in detecting sharp edges while removing the background thanks to the AI algorithm that has been carefully developed over the years. It works pretty fast and is really useful for product photos that you want to upload on E-Commerce websites and document materials. Its really worth a try.