ODIN is a free disk imaging software which is used for backup of your disk volumes or complete hard drive. This disk imaging software is basically an open source software by which you can easily configure what partitions you want to image, and where you wish to store those images. You can create or restore a disk image. And make a note that only used clusters can be backed. This disk imaging software has a very simple user interface with one screen operation.
This disk imager enables you to easily take a quick backup of your hard drive to an external hard drive. This disk imager is one of it’s kind tool which can be run in 2 ways, with Graphical User Interface or as a command line application. All functions/options are available from the command line. This disk imaging software is available in 32 & 64 bit versions. No installation is required you need to just start Odin.exe.
Some Key Features of this Disk Imaging Software:
- Make Backup or restore of entire hard disk or it’s volume.
- Make backup of all blocks or used blocks.
- Support of all Windows file systems.
- Directly run it from USB stick.
- Command Line interface.
- Use multiple CPUs.
- Verify backup image files for damages.
How to Download and Install this Disk Imaging software:
- Go on to homepage of this disk imager.
- Click on “Download” tab.
- A setup gets downloaded into your system.
- Extract the files and then run it.
How To Use this Disk Imaging Software:
- Launch this disk imager.
- Software will open up with main screen as shown above in the first screenshot.
- This software shows you the entire hard drive and hard drive volumes of your computer.
- Select either the entire hard drive or any of the hard drive volume. Then select the operation as “Backup”.
- Click on “Start” to start the backup process. That’s all.
ODIN is a free disk imager which makes disk imaging a simple task. Go ahead and download it for taking backups.