Typefacer is a free software that lets you preview fonts installed in your system. It’s a simple and quick way to view the formation of each font that is currently present in your system.
Typefacer will show names of all the fonts, as well as it will show how the fonts will look with some text. This helps you in quickly picking the font that works for you.
Fonts gives a unique way to beautifully represent your text. There are thousands of desktop and web fonts available and some of them are really very nice. Each font has a definite pattern or writing style in which it represent characters. You can change the Font Style of your text, to give it a specific look or appearance. But not all applications support previewing fonts before applying it to the text. This becomes so annoying and time consuming when you don’t know the exact font name and have to apply each font style to your text to get the desired one.
Typefacer comes handy in such situation since it lets you preview the text in each font available in your system. You can just run Typefont and quickly view the formation of each Font present in your system.
Also check free Font Comparer to compare fonts and find best font for your project.
Preview Fonts using Typefacer:
Typefacer application lets you quickly, and easily preview your text in separate different fonts installed on your system. Just run the application and look at the window that appears. It is divided into 3 sections. The left part consists of a list of all the Font names available in your system. You can choose any font from this list to view its preview in the adjacent window on the right side.
The Font preview window displays a sample text, all alphabetical characters (in both upper and lower case), numbers, and symbols, in the selected Font Style. You can also type a desired text here, if you want to see how your text will look in a particular Font style.
If the preview appears to be small in size, you can increase or decrease the size of the font using the Font Size slider present below the Font list.
Below the preview, you can see a character map, which enlists all the characters available in the character set of selected Font. You can refer this character map, to quickly view the list of characters available in a particular Font.
Key Features of Typefacer:
- Quick: Typefacer lets you quickly preview the different typefaces available in your system.
- Idle for previewing fonts for project: If you are looking for suitable Font Styles for your project, you can use Typefacer to preview different fonts and choose the desired one.
- Easy to Install: The download file consists of a Typefacer-Setup.exe file which takes few seconds to get installed in your system.
- Lightweight: Typefacer is a lightweight application: just 1.1MB in size.
- Simple Interface: It has a very simple user interface.
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
- RAM: 512MB of RAM (1GB recommended)
- Hard Disk: 2.2MB of hard disk space
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 960
- Font: Any font installed in your system.
The Final Verdict:
Typefacer is a quick and easy to use program to preview all the fonts installed in your system. You can use this handy tool to see how all the alphabetical characters (capital and small face), numbers, and special characters will look in a particular font style.