Livestream is a free iPhone live event streaming app which lets you watch and broadcast live event shows. You can watch live events spread across various categories like Education, Music, Sports, Local Events, News, Technology, etc. and many more. You can follow the events broadcaster’s channels and your Facebook friends to stay updated about the events they are streaming or going to stream in future. You can like, comment on any event and share it with your friends.
If in case, you forgot to watch the live event or missed any of the event due to some reason then don’t worry, the app keeps a collection of past events known as Archive. You can access this option to view any of the past event at anytime.
The app even lets you broadcast your own live show to help you get the global exposure. You only need your iPhone’s camera with a stable source of light and you are ready to be the next top class event broadcaster. Besides, this app has FTP Camera Import which lets producers to post photos from DSLR cameras via FTP.
The Livestream is also available for Android and Roku TV Set Top Box.
You can also enjoy live streaming of your favorite events via Livestream on your PC browser. To know how, read the full review here.
Using Livestream iPhone Online Streaming App:
You are required to have an account with Livestream before you can start enjoying the live streaming of events from your iPhone. You can get yourself registered with the app using either your Facebook account or email address. After the registration, you need to select broadcasters to follow. There is no limitations on the number of broadcasters which you can follow. The list of broadcasters followed by you is used by the app to prepare your personal feeds and notify about the upcoming and ongoing events.
The app’s home screen has 5 options: Home, Search, Broadcast Yourself, Profile, and Settings.
- Home: The Home option displays the list of live and archived events. The events, displayed here, are selected on the basis of event broadcasters followed by you. You can scroll up the list to check complete list of events. The ongoing events have LIVE written below their description. You can also go to archived list by swiping the screen towards right. To view any event, just tap on it. If you want to view the event in full screen then you only need to rotate the device.
- Search: This option lets you search for the events manually as well as displays the Featured Events on Livestream. This section consists of Live as well as Upcoming events.
- Broadcast Yourself: So you have watched a few live events and you are eager to broadcast your own events. If yes, then this option is for you. Just tap on the option, choose event category, give it a name and only thing that now remains is: Light, Camera, and Action. If you don’t want to stream your event right now, then you can also save it as Draft for streaming later. The Drafts can be accessed from Profile option explained next.
- Profile: Check out the users following you, followed by you, and events saved as Draft and broadcasted by you. You can also create any new event from here.
- Settings: Want to personalize Livestream as per your choices, then head over to this option. From here, you can edit profile, change password, media settings, enable/disable auto-notify followers about event broadcasted by you, FTP Camera Support, Add new broadcaster, etc.
You may also like this freeware Open Broadcaster Software which lets you broadcast audio and video from PC devices.
Livestream is a very good iPhone live event streaming app for watching live events from anywhere and at anytime. The notification feature of the app is really cool as it ensures that you don’t miss any of your favorite events. The tie-up of the app with some of the big names like ATP, Warner Bros. etc. makes it the best place to watch live events.