MyScript Memo is a free handwriting recognition app for iPhone. This app lets you create unlimited notes by simply using your handwriting. You might have used various note taking apps on your iPhone in which you have to create the notes by typing via your iPhone’s keyboard. This app is quite different from these apps. You can just write in your handwriting, and it will recognize your handwriting and store that as a note.
The app lets you to add images to the notes which can be rescaled and moved easily. It supports about 30 languages in which you can make notes. It comes with different tools to help you in creating and editing the notes easily. You can share the notes with anyone using Facebook, Twitter, Evernote, and Gmail. If you want, then you can even save the notes as an image in your device.
Creating Notes Using This Handwriting Recognition Note Taking App For iPhone:
The MyScript Memo can be downloaded for free either by searching on the iTunes App Store or by clicking on the link given at the end of this review. When the app is launched, it automatically opens the note editing area. This is the area where you can write notes using your handwriting and edit them easily.
You can start writing on the screen as soon as you launch the app. This app doesn’t requires any kind of registration. It’s very easy to write on the screen, as it is similar to the way you write normally. While you are writing anything, you can use various editing tools as well.
These editing tools are present at the top of the screen in the editing area. There are following tools available: Notes, Undo, Pen, Eraser, Selection Tool, and Options.
- Notes: This option lets you to check all the notes created by you. You can also use this option to rename the notes or for creating new notes. To rename any note, you have to tap and hold on the name of it. A cursor will start blinking on the screen and you can enter any name of your choice.
- Undo: If you want to clear the last thing done by you, then you can use this tool. This tool lets you to do unlimited undos.
- Pen: This is the tool using which you have to make the notes. You can move the tool in any direction with free hand.
- Eraser: This tool lets you to remove anything written by you on the screen. You have to swipe on the screen to erase anything.
- Selection Tool: Use this tool to select any part on the screen and then you can resize and move it anywhere.
You can use this app to write anything and save it as a note. The good thing about the app is that it comes with auto-save feature.
When you have completed writing the note, then tap on the Options tab to get the sharing options. Here, you will get following options: Import Picture, Export, and Settings.
The Import Picture option lets you to add images to the note, while Export option is for sharing the note. The app lets you to export the note as Text, Image or MyScript File.
You may also like this MyScript Calculator app to solve math problems by typing problems using your handwriting.
MyScript Memo is a very good handwriting recognition note taking app for iPhone. I found it very easy to write on the screen even using my fingers. The app converted the notes written by me very accurately. Do give this app a try.
Get the MyScript Memo here.