RealPlayer SP is a free media player for MAC OS X. It is an all in one digital media player and digital media solution. It is powered by Helix which is an open source media engine.
RealPlayer for Mac offers you the ability to play different media formats, convert media from one format to other, burn CDs, download Flash content from websites, ability to convert and transfer media to mobile devices, and much more.
How to install Real Player for Mac OS X:
Download the installer from here, double-click on the downloaded file. This will bring up the installer as shown below. Now just drag the Real Player SP icon and converter to the Application folder. To run the Real player SP, just find it int he application folder and click on it. It is not necessary to install the converter for the Real Player for Mac to work, but I would recommend it because it has some really handy features.
Note: While installing, you might have to close the browsers so that the Flash downloader plugin can be integrated into them.
Features of RealPlayer for Mac:
- RealPlayer for Mac has a video downloader function which allows you to download Flash videos from popular video streaming websites. This is a very useful feature of Real Player for Mac and ends the need of having a standalone Flash downloader app.
- The application also offers the ability to burn CD. So, you can make customized CDs with your favorite songs.
- RealPlayer for Mac comes with simple equalizer controls as shown the screenshot below. This is not much of a comprehensive and complete equalizer, but it does offer some basic controls. It’s like having something instead of nothing.
- In built video converter supports wide range of mobile devices. The application has the ability to covert videos of many formats to other formats. If you get confused with all the formats and their technical details, then RealPlayer for Mac offers presets for many mobile devices like: iPhones, Blackberry, iPods, Android etc. This makes the boring and time-consuming process of video conversion a little easy and streamlined.
- RealPlayer for Mac supports lots of audio and video formats, so that you don’t have to download a dedicated media player for each one of them. This is a single and simple solution for most of your media needs.
- And in the current age of social networking, the application offers the ability to share video via Facebook, Twitter, and Email.
RealPlayer for Mac is good media player, but its a little outdated on this platform. The current available version for Mac is 12, while version 15 is available on Windows which offers much-needed improvements to this application. Hence I would recommend you try VLC Player which is a more modern media player than the Real Player SP. Anyway to download the Real Player SP for free click here.
Also if you would like to try out other media players for Mac just click here.