PilotEdit Lite is a free advanced file editor that is capable of editing Text, HTML, Java , PHP and Hex. Pilot Edit Lite comes with a lot of interesting features that normally do not come with conventional file editors. One such feature is that the user can open files as large as 4 GB using the editor. Also this free file editor has a built in FTP client to transfer data to and from the server.
Pilotedit offers intuitive features such as customizable syntax, text and tag highlighting , advanced search and Replace options just like any other conventional editor. And some of the special features of this free advanced file editor include, ability to open and edit files as large as 4 GB, Opening files in Column mode, perform comparisons between 2 versions of the code using the column mode and eliminating the duplicate lines of code in the file.
Comparing and merging files, Sorting and collecting strings etc., can also be done using this free file editor. One great feature is the FTP/SFTP client that comes built in with the editor. After editing the large text files, the user can seamlessly upload the file on to the FTP server.
Some of the Remarkable Features of this free file editor include:
- Support to Unicode files DOS/Unix files is available. And the user can detect the encoding of files automatically. Interestingly, this application detects the encoding even when content is copied and pasted into a new file.
- The user can define his own file type and this freeware has support for about 20 different file types.
- File comparison and merging is easier in Pilot Edit lite, thanks to the column view, using which the user can view 2 different versions of the code, side by side, simultaneously.
- Sorting lines in a file that is larger than 1 GB can also be done effortlessly.
- Merging 2 files after comparison is possible.
- Finding and replacing strings, Replacing strings in multiple directories, comparing directories is also possible.
- Opening multiple file groups, multiple line find and replace, Endless Undo and Redo option to use while editing are some of the other remarkable features.
- This freeware also provides excellent encryption options. 256 bit AES encryption of files, those that are larger than 4 GB is also possible.
With all these features and options, Pilot Edit Lite is a great file Editor to use.
PilotEdit Lite is available for free download at Pilot Edit’s official website and the size of the installer is about 6 MB. It can be installed on both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows Operating systems. Installing and running the application is quick and simple. The multi Window interface is intuitive and convenient to use as well.
Download PilotEdit Lite free.