In this blog post, I’m going to review a free spell checker plugin for Figma. Why spell check for a designing platform? Because there are times when you create an amazing UI with all your dedication and you find some silly typos that ruin your hard work.
By using this plugin for Figma, you can check grammar and spelling mistakes while working on a design. This plugin is a bit similar to Grammarly’s service. If the plugin is activated, it gives you spelling suggestions for the text you add in your design. Undoubtedly, it will help you to correct your spelling and prevent your design from going into waste.
Free Spell Checker Plugin for Figma
To check your spellings on Figma designs, you need to download a plugin named SPELLL. This plugin is not completely free. There are limitations in the free plan. But the premium plan is not that expensive. You can check out the pricing list and choose your own package.
You can enter your email address to get the plugin installed. After you enter the email address, you will get an email along with a license key and instructions to use the plugin. The license key will be required to activate the plugin.
Note: The license key can be used by 1 user only.
Now go through the following steps to install and activate the plugin.
- Install SPELLL plugin for which I have dropped the link in the last.
- Click on the three horizontal lines to go to Plugins -> SPELLL- Spell Checking for Figma (as shown above).
- Since you have already received your license key, so you can directly click on the option below; Got the license key? Activate it. If you did not enter the email address in the beginning, you can do it now to receive the license key.
- After you enter our license key, activate the plugin.
- Your plugin is now activated. Whenever you type something in your design, the plugin starts doing its work.
- As you can see in the very first image above, if the text has some wrong spelling, you will see the suggestion to correct it. You can accept the change and make your text correct.
The plugin instantly shows the suggestion. It can detect silly typos, multiple suggestions, detects a new text layer, adds word in the list, and more.
SPELLL is a great plugin to check your spellings and grammar mistakes while making designs. You just need to install and activate the plugin to work. Then, you will see the suggestions to improve your design. Besides that, it has the support of 43 languages. Try the plugin to your Figma account and feel free from making mistakes.