Update 2022: Free 1040 Tax Return.com doesn’t exist anymore. Use some other alternative now.
The website Free 1040 Tax Return.com allows you to free file federal tax return. But there is a criteria to qualify for the free return filing. For filing your federal tax return free:
- your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) should be $58,000 or less and
- your age should be 72 or younger and
- you must be living in one of these states: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, HI, GA, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, MS, NC, NE, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, UT, VA, WI, WV
If you fall in to this category then you can file your tax return for free. Though the website supports most of the forms you will need, you may want to check out the “forms limitations” section. In case you run into any problems or issues while doing the return you can always contact customer service for help.
Here are steps to File Federal Tax Return Free with Free1040TaxReturn:
- When you click on “Start a Return” it will take you to the sign up page. If you are a existing user you can sign in otherwise, you would need to create an account and sign in.
- If you click on start new return, you will be directed to the sign up page where you will need to provide your email address, create a password, etc.
- After logging in, the website will take you through a simple process of answering basic questions about your tax return.
- After you are done entering all your information, you will have the option to e-file the return. You also have the option to direct deposit your refund to a bank account.
Though e-file is a safe, secure and fast way to file your return you also have the option to choose a paper return. A paper return has to be mailed in to the IRS. In case of a paper return also you can choose to have your refund directly deposited to your bank account. Direct deposit is faster as compared to a paper check.
The website guarantees accuracy in calculation of your taxes. If there is a mistake on part of the website, they guarantee to pay any interest or penalties you incurred from the IRS on your return. Plus they keep all your information secure, so you don’t have to worry about losing your data.
If you do not have all your information with you at the time you start the return, you have the option to save the data you entered and continue with the return at a later date.
Free 1040 Tax Return.com is a safe way to file your returns. Also this website is part of the IRS free file alliance, so you can be sure that you are using the right website to file your return.