Privacy Settings is a free Firefox plugin which lets you toggle on/off the built-in crucial privacy-related options. For example, you can easily enable or disable safe browsing option, your current location, tracking protection, option to send information to servers for generating health report, etc. Only two mouse clicks are required to turn on/off any privacy setting available in its toolbar panel.
Although you can also manually access privacy settings by typing About:config in the address bar, but there are hundreds of options available which you need to first search and then take action. This plugin provides the main security options which you will be able to activate/deactivate easily.
In the screenshot above, you can see the toolbar panel provided by this Firefox add-on.
We have also covered 5 free browsing history cleaner Firefox plugins for you.
Install This Free Firefox add-on To Adjust Built-in Privacy Settings:
Here is the homepage link of this plugin. Access the homepage and use Download Now button to install it.
After the installation process, its add-on icon will appear at the bottom right corner (next to the address bar) of your Firefox browser. Click that icon to open its toolbar panel. Using that panel, you can turn on/off different privacy options, like:
- You can set whether you want to let websites use your current location or not.
- You can block tracking by websites. Although Firefox provides a feature to send Do Not Track request to websites, but it’s not necessary that websites will follow that request. So, in that case, you can disable Tracking using the toolbar panel.
- You can set whether you want the browser to collect the data and send to servers for generating the health report. If you find this option not so important, you can disable it.
- Set options related to Media and Integration.
- You can enable/disable the option to protect you from malicious downloads, sites, malware, etc.
If you are not sure what you should disable, then keep the default settings. Or else, you can also use Full Privacy or Protect Privacy & Security option to automatically set the relevant settings for you.
Privacy Settings is a great plugin to make it easy for you to turn on and off built-in privacy settings for Firefox. Just a few mouse clicks will help to alter the settings for Usage Statistics, Stats Collection, Encrypted Media Extensions, Safe Browsing, and more.