IMGtoISO is a free ISO file converter which formats files for burning them on your CD. It really is a good alternate if you don’t have Nero on your PC. For those who are wondering what an ISO image is, allow me to explain. A .iso file is an exact copy of a disk or CD. This ISO image can be burned directly to a CD using IMGTOISO. Whereas, an IMG file is a disk image file format. It usually has the extension .img or .ima. IMG files are used by some virtual drive software.
This file converter is targeted towards those people who don’t have any sort of file converter to format images for a bootable CD for any particular reason. This comes in handy as you don’t have to purchase any CD/DVD burning software. So, you end up saving money.
Features of IMG To ISO:
- Easy and Compact setup.
- Simple instructions for download and file conversion.
- Runs on Windows Vista, or, Windows 7 (x64 and x 86) platforms only.
- It’s free.
- Converts to ISO-9660 format, so you could convert .ima to .iso too.
Instructions for download:
- Visit the website.
- Scroll down to the download section. Click on download.
- After you have downloaded the IMG To ISO, you select your desired image/ image folder and can convert files.
In short,you could download IMG To ISO to convert files from any format for a making a bootable CD.