PrimaryPad is a collaborative free online word processor that allows you to create and export online documents. You can create a document online and collaborate with anyone for editing that document online. This online word processor suits best for interactive sessions and is quite useful for students and teachers. There is no requirement to install any extra software or plugin in order to use PrimaryPad online word processor. Also, there is no restriction regarding the number of online documents you can create over it.
Registration with PrimaryPad is not mandatory. You can directly begin creating documents online with PrimaryPad free word processor. The free version offers limited features and the included editor is very basic. You will not be able to insert images or perform some advanced text formatting.
Anyhow, you can avail a free trial of professional version and evaluate it for 3 month. Only after expiry of this period you’ll be asked about payment. In the section below, we have discussed free version of PrimaryPad online word processor.
Using PrimaryPad Free Online Word Processor:
The procedure to use PrimaryPad free online word processor has been stated below.
- Visit homepage and click on ‘Create New Pad’ button.
- Soon, you will be redirected to a new new page with an unique URL. The foremost thing that shall be done is to enter you name. For that, you will have to click on user icon placed in the top-right section of the webpage. A small dropdown panel will appear with a textbox to enter your name. You can also change the color displayed against your name by clicking over the small colored square in front of textbook with your name.
* To invite people you will have to share the URL of the page. Anyone visiting that URL will be able to contribute and interact with each other.
- The interface of PrimaryPad free online word processor contains a large text window for typing text. Whatever you will type or paste on it, will be shared in real-time. To differentiate the text entered by every user; PrimaryPad adds color to it.
- There, also exists a chat window in the bottom-right section to group-chat with others. The text entered here will not go in the main screen.
- You can export the text in HTML, Plain text, Word, and PDF formats by clicking on double arrow button in right side of webpage.
The Final Verdict:
PrimaryPad free word processor is more like a combination of online chat and WordPad application. The overall impression delivered was quite good. However, I would personally go with Google Docs as that provides many more features and collaboration is better too.