SQL Editor is a nice freeware utility to do SQL development for Oracle. It is a colored syntax editor, and allows you to write SQL statements, and make database queries.
Here are some of the features of this Free SQL Editor for Oracle:
- Multi-threaded execution, possibility to stop execution
- Execution single and multiple SQL statement (scripts)
- Execution SQL and PL/SQL blocks
- Explain Plan feature
- Colored syntax, different colors on execution and errors
- Saving statement history for established connection
- Export results to xls/scv files
SQL Editor is not necessarily a replacement for full fledged Oracle developer tools, such as TOAD and PL/SQL Developer. But if you just want to do some basic query writing, and execution, then this free tool fits the bill. Download Free Using links at the end.