Alarm Clock HD Free is a free alarm clock app for iPhone which performs various other tasks, in addition to normal alarm function. You can set your own music collection as the alarm tone. The app shows you Facebook, Twitter, and RSS Feeds. It has in-built flashlight and displays temperature, day, date, battery level etc. The app is fully customizable and can be used both in landscape and portrait mode.
Even though the app is named as Alarm Clock HD, but it actually does much more, and combines features of multiple apps. If you have this app installed, you don’t need to separately install a Flashlight app, or weather app. This app takes care of that.
Key Features Of This Alarm Clock App For iPhone:
- Free to download and use.
- Set your music collection as Alarm tone.
- Read feeds from Facebook, Twitter, and RSS Feeds.
- Check weather forecast of your location.
- Use app as flashlight.
- Customize the alarm clock using various colors.
- Check the battery level.
- The app lets you change the color of the fonts to any color of your choice.
Using This Alarm Clock App For iPhone:
You can download the Alarm Clock HD app either from Apple’s iTunes Store or by clicking on the link given at the end of this review.
When you start this app, you will see a digital clock at the middle of the screen. It is just the simple view of the app. You need to customize the app before you can start seeing the extra information and features mentioned above.
To customize the app, click anywhere on the screen. You will see two options at top corners of the app. The icon on the right side is Settings icon to go to Settings menu. It is the menu from where you can customize the app and get access to all the features.
All the features are easy to configure through the Settings but I have explained here some of them which have some extra steps involved for their configuration. I am supposing that you have already entered the Settings menu by tapping on the icon at top right corner from the home screen of the app.
- Setting The Personal Music As Alarm Tone: Tap on Add New Alarm tab. Fill the basic details like you do in normal Alarm apps. Now, to set up the custom song as alarm tone, tap on Music tab, followed by a tap on Click To Add Music. Your media files will open. Tap on the song(s) which you want to set and tap on Done to complete the process.
- Sleep Timer: This option lets you play the songs in such a way that the music fades slowly. You have to set the time interval after which the playing of songs will be turned off. You can set time interval from 0 to 55 minutes and app also lets you change the time interval even between the ongoing Sleep Timer. It means you can increase or decrease your sleep timer according to your preference. The process is similar to the setting up of alarm clock.
- Customizing The Appearance: Go to Clock section under Settings menu. You can change the foreground color and time after which the feeds will be hidden. You can choose whether to show the battery level, temperature, day, and date or not.
- Advanced Settings: You can change the snooze time, enable/disable the fade in volume feature, and set the fade duration.
Also checkout this Clock widget for PC Eusing Clock reviewed by us.
How to Turn On Flashlight in this app:
On left side of Settings icon, you will see another icon. This is the icon to turn the flashlight on. You can tap on it once to turn on the flashlight and double-tap or shake the iPhone to exit it.
I liked Alarm Clock HD Free very much. It is a very good multi-purpose app which provides tons of features. Get the Alarm Clock HD Free multi-purpose utility app from here.