VLC is a great free open source Media Player. It can play both audio and video files of almost any format. Apart from that, even if the files are in a bad condition, it can still play most of them. And to top it all, it is totally free. Love it!
VLC is a popular free media player to play videos with following problems:
- Videos that won�t play
- Videos that only play sound or won�t play sound at all
- Videos that are still downloading (like on Torrent).
- Videos that require different media players
Here are the features that we love about VLC Free Media Player:
- It is a portable multimedia player, encoder, and stremer.
- Supports lot of audio and video formats.
- Can stream over networks.
- It can transcode multimedia files, and save them to different formats.
- Platform independent – has a version for almost every operating System.
- Most popular for it ability to play incomplete, unfinished, or damaged video downloads.
- It also plays m2t MPEG Transport Streams (.TS) files while they are still being digitized from an HDV camera via a firewire cable, making it possible to monitor the video as it is being played.
- It can play DVDs.
- Play Streaming Radio and TV
VLC supports tons of media formats, so you no longer need to have multiple players to play different types of files – VLC can play them all.
MPEG-1/2, DIVX (1/2/3), MPEG-4 ASP, DivX 4/5/6, XviD, 3ivX D4, H.261, H.263 / H.263i, H.264 / MPEG-4 AVC, Cinepak, Theora, Dirac / VC-2, MJPEG (A/B), WMV 1/2, WMV 3 / WMV-9 / VC-1, Sorenson 1/3 (Quicktime), DV (Digital Video), On2 VP3/VP5/VP6, Indeo Video, Real Video 1/2/3/4
MPEG Layer 1/2, MP3 – MPEG Layer 3, AAC – MPEG-4 part3, Vorbis, AC3 – A/52 (Dolby Digital), DTS, WMA, FLAC, ALAC, Speex, Musepack / MPC, ATRAC Wavpack, Mod (.s3m, .it, .mod), TrueAudio (TTA), APE (Monkey Audio), Real Audio, Alaw/�law, AMR (3GPP), MIDI, LPCM, ADPCM, DV �Audio, QDM2/QDMC (QuickTime), MACE
VLC is available for following operating systems:
Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, Syllable, Debian GNU/Linux, Ubuntu, Mandriva Linux, Fedora, openSUSE, Familiar Linux, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Slackware Linux, ALT Linux, Arch Linux, YOPY/Linupy, Zaurus
Some other operating systems are also supported but you will need to comile binary for them yourself.
We love this fantastic free media player. This is definitely one of the best free media player out there. Download links, and Video Tutorials at the end.
Download Link: Download Free VLC Media Player
Video Tutorials: How to Download, Install, and Use VLC
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: