WireShark is a free open source Network Protocol Analyzer. It is a collaborative effort of hundreds of networking professionals all over the world. Such a huge number of active participants has resulted in a free open source Network Protocol Analyzer that has become de facto standard across many industries and educational institutions.
Here is a feature overview of this Free Network Protocol Analyzer
- It can inspect hundreds of protocols.
- Data can be captured live, and later analyzed offline. The data can be browsed via a GUI, or via the TTY-mode TShark utility. The output can be exported to XML, PostScript, CSV, or plain text
- Very elaborate VOIP Analysis Capabilities.
- Read/write many different capture file formats: tcpdump (libpcap), Pcap NG, Catapult DCT2000, Cisco Secure IDS iplog, Sniffer® Pro, and NetXray®, Network Instruments Observer, NetScreen snoop, Novell LANalyzer, Microsoft Network Monitor, Network General Sniffer® (compressed and uncompressed), Tektronix K12xx, Visual Networks Visual UpTime, RADCOM WAN/LAN Analyzer, Shomiti/Finisar Surveyor, WildPackets EtherPeek/TokenPeek/AiroPeek, and others.
- Live data can be read from Ethernet, IEEE 802.11, Bluetooth, Frame Relay, FDDI, USB, PPP/HDLC, ATM, Token Ring, and others.
- Decryption support for many protocols, including SSL/TLS, WEP, IPsec, SNMPv3, ISAKMP, Kerberos, and WPA/WPA2
- Runs on Windows, Linux, OS X, Solaris, FreeBSD, NetBSD, and many others
WireShark is really good, and must for every Network Professional’s toolkit. Download links, and Video Tutorials at the end.
Download Link: Download WireShark Free
Link to This Page:
Be the first to know about Latest Free Software: