VoiceBase is a free application that allows user to upload and store home audio recordings to the program’s website. These audio recordings can also be transcribed. This program is ideal for those who want to send voice recordings to friends or family.
The audio files are able to be shared through the website, allowing your friends to actually hear your message, rather than read it in an email. Once you have downloaded and setup this free application, click on the Upload Audio icon at the top of the screen and begin uploading. It is important to note that files must be fewer than 300MB in size.
Features of VoiceBase:
- VoiceBase accepts all of the popular audio formats used today. These include, WAV, MP3, AVI, AIFF and well as others.
- Following up loading, simply click on ‘Save’ and your files will be saved free on the website for one year. More time is available and can be found by checking out the premium version from the dropdown menu.
- Transcribing takes around 2 hours, regardless of the message indicating 24 hours.
- A public database of audio files, on the homepage, allows users to find particular files by clicking on the search option of scanning each database page.
- The homepage and well as the program’s interface are easily navigated and accessed.
Although there is limited storage time, with this free version of this application it does however; enable users to share these files. This is to say, once you’ve uploaded, sending a message to friends and family telling them to download the file or files from the website, is feasible.
Those that would prefer to keep their audio recordings longer in storage have the option of upgrading. Reviews for the free version are for the most part positive with many stating that it is a good free audio storage service.
The beauty of sending audio files to friends and family, they can actually hear your voice and thus share your feelings of happiness, sadness, concern, and worry. If you’re still not convinced this freeware is right for you or not, download and try it out, you’ll most likely be pleasantly surprised. Try free here.