StockMeter is a free stock quote tracker for Mac OS X that displays information about Stocks. This stock quote tracker makes it really easy to get all the news about stocks and currency right from your desktop.
This free stock quotes tracker application for Mac also includes a currency calculator to convert any amount to other currency based on the latest exchange rates. There are many such applications which are available and do the same but this one does it in a much more straightforward and simpler way. So lets see if this application meets your needs.
This free Stock quotes tracker for Mac is a minimalistic application that displays a ticker in the menu bar of your Mac, so that you can stay updated with what’s going in the market, without opening up an application or navigating to the web.
This stock quote tracker for Mac is not just limited to showing the current information in the menu bar but the application has the ability to show detailed information about stocks as shown in the screenshot below.
The application displays a complete graph of an application that is shown as above. This graph by default shows the total details of a day, however this can be changed according to your needs; it goes from 1 day to 1 years.
How to install StockMeter Stock Quote Tracker For Mac:
To install this application, first you need to download the installer which can be found here. After the application has been downloaded just double-click on this installer, a window will come up showing up the application’s icon, just drag the icon into the Application folder.
Now that you are done with the installation, lets checkout its features.
Feaures of StockMeter Stock Quote Tracker For Mac:
- StockMeter for Mac application displays the current information in an unobtrusive manner. The stocks that you have added show up in the menu bar, in this manner you can check for changes without even using a single click.
- This free stock ticker for Mac is also able to grab news feeds of stocks and currencies directly from Yahoo and Google. To access this information just click on the StockMeter in the menu bar, navigate to the stock which you would like to see, and bring your cursor on it, this will reveal the stock details; from here just choose which news sources you would like to see. The latest headlines will appear as seen below. Clicking on a headline will re-direct your browser to the selected story.
- To access the inbuilt currency converter just click on the menu bar and invoke the menu interface, now select the Currency Calculator. This will open up a window as shown below and now you can convert the given currency into multiple currencies in real time.
- The application automatically updates the information periodically so that all the data displayed is latest. You can change the refresh interval by going into the preference to suit your requirements.
- This free stock market ticker application also gives you the option to customize the display options and change things like display color for positive, negative, and no change, tweak the sort order of the symbols, etc. This enables you to tweak the application interface as per your requirement.
- The application provides desktop alerts but sadly Growl is required for this which is a paid application.