WitHub is an Online One-Search tool for Documents, Messages, Attachments etc. across multiple Cloud Apps like Google Drive and Slack Workspace. You can instantly find everything that you need to work, from a centralized location and thus improve the speed and efficiency of your teams.
You can choose to directly Open the documents that you searched or copy a Link (URL) to it to open in any specific browser. Your data exclusively remains in your Cloud Apps and isn’t saved anywhere else thereby ensuring its safety.
While working with such Cloud Apps, it often becomes tedious and cumbersome to dig through loads of files, folders, attachments and messages to locate the stuff that you are looking for. WitHub provides a good and easy solution to this problem by centralizing your search and offering you all results in one interface.
How it Works:
1. Download, Install and Run the Application from the link given at the end of this article. It works only on a 64 bit operating system.
2. Connect your Cloud Apps by granting access to them, to WitHub
3. Search in any individual Cloud App or all Apps collectively (centralized search), for the required stuff using a Search String and get the results.
You can also search for Messages and Attachments across the Slack Workspace. The WitHub Search is context sensitive, in that, it gives you the list of documents in which your string can be found apart from matching file names. WitHub has defined some good keyboard shortcuts too, to work faster. Use ‘Ctrl+/’ to list them.
Users can anytime use the native search facility provided by almost all the Cloup Apps. But the outstanding feature of this application is that you can search across all connected Apps from one tool.
- There is no integration with Microsoft Teams, as claimed on the webpage.
- Jira and GitHub are apparently getting integrated but their ‘Search Interface’ in WitHub is simply missing.
- The WitHub interface closes automatically every time you navigate away from it. So you need to run it each time and this is very troublesome.
On the whole, WitHub is a good tool for searching across Cloud Apps. The developers should eliminate the issues written above and provide successful integration with GitHub, Jira etc in order for it to be widely acceptable.
You can download it from here and try it out.