In this article we will be explaining the steps to invite people on your YouTube channel so that they can collaborate with you. Collaboration is a great thing to do if you are uploading to a school or some other community-based YouTube channel and you want a couple of people to manage the content that appears on that channel.
If you want to collaborate with a teacher, school administrator or any other person, you can invite that person to be a manager or an editor and have them upload content to the same channel. This will streamline the process a little bit if you try to manage a lot of content on one YouTube channel.
1. Navigate to your YouTube page and click on ‘Settings’ at the bottom of the left panel.
2. In the Settings box, click on ‘Permissions’ and then click on ‘Invite’ to invite people to collaborate on your YouTube channel.
3. Type the email address of the person who you wish to invite and use the drop-down menu to give him a desired level of access such as Manager, Editor, Viewer etc. The top-most level is the manager which allows the person to upload videos, delete videos, edit any video on the channel, change privacy settings, manage comments and more.
4. Next, click on ‘Done’ and then click on ‘Save’.
5. You will be able to see person whom you have invited with a ‘Pending invitation’ status.
6. An email will be sent to the invitee at the email address specified in Step 3 above. It must be accepted for the invitation to be completed.
This is how you can easily invite people to collaborate on your YouTube channel and streamline your work. You must remember that if you have a branded YouTube channel you will not see the above options in the same way.