Windows 8 UX Pack is a free software which makes it possible to get Windows 8 look in Windows 7. This is a simple software which never changes or modifies system files for giving the feel and look of Windows 8.
This free software to get Windows 8 look offers a simple and easy way to taste Windows 8 without installing it on your computer. After installing this software, you will come across the start screen with few tiles allowing direct access of desktop, Internet Explorer, Window Media Player, Control Panel, etc.
Installing this awesome software is simple unlike other such type of software, as you simply need to run the application file, select the theme, logon screen wallpaper, desktop wallpaper and choose the Windows 8 features from the available 4 features and click the Install button. Yup, you are finished with the installation and there you are in front of Windows 8 start screen with few tiles.
If you left click the top right corner or bottom right corner of the screen above the task bar, it displays a Windows 8 charms bar which include options like settings, search, share, connect and start in the same manner as it appears in actual Windows 8 Release preview.
In this way, you can experience Windows 8 Release Preview right there on your Windows 7 computer.
Don’t forget to check out free iPad simulator for Windows.
Key Features Of This Tool To Get Windows 8 Look:
- Replaces the Windows 7 theme automatically with Panda-x’s Windows 8 RC Aero.
- Updated logon screen of Windows 8 Release Preview.
- Updated wallpapers of Windows 8 Release Preview.
- Gives exactly the same feel of Windows 8 Release preview.
- Comes with charms bar which is present there in Windows 8.
- Easy installation process.
- Allows you to Pin websites, applications, and widgets to the start screen.
- Directly access your favorite websites and programs with a single click on their respective tiles.
- Aero’s auto colorization feature.
Also, check out free Windows 8 simulator.
How To Download And Install This Tool To Get Windows 8 Look:
- Visit the homepage of Windows 8 UX Pack and click the download link.
- A zip file of this tool will be downloaded into your system.
- Extract all files and run the application file of the tool.
- Installation window opens up in which you need to select the theme, logon screen wallpaper, desktop wallpaper, choose the Windows 8 features and click the Install button.
- That’s it, you have installed this software and now you are ready to simulate Windows 8 metro interface on your Windows 7.
Windows 8 UX Pack is a very simple tool which I came across, as it allows you you easily get Windows 8 look on Windows 7 without installing Windows 8.