Hive is a free URL shortener website to share and track links in real-time. So, whenever someone will open your short link(s), it will immediately provide real-time notification on your free Hive account that someone has accessed your link from a particular country. You can also view stats for every single link in which you can check the total number of clicks, unique clicks, and top countries from where your links have been accessed.
Apart from these unique features, this website also lets you create private or public links. You can also password protect your short links and share them with your friends. All of these features have made it one of the best URL shortener websites and makes it better than many other similar websites.
Above screenshot shows the dashboard of my Hive account where it shows overall links, recent activities in real-time, and option to create short links.
- You can edit any link, change it to public or private, and delete links, whenever needed.
- Feature to create a short link with custom alias is also available.
- You can also set option to direct users’ of a particular country to a different page using the same link.
- You can create ‘Bundle’, like a folder, in which you can add multiple short links. Bundle privacy can also be set by you to make it visible for public or just for you.
How To Use This Free URL Shortener Website to Share and Track Short Links in Real-Time?
Use the link placed at the end of this review to go to its homepage. After this, create your free account. Now open the dashboard of your account. Here, you need to enter the website address which you want to shorten.
While generating a short URL, tap on Advanced Options button. It will explore more options to:
- Enter a custom alias for your short URL.
- Add a password to open the short URL. Password doesn’t hide behind bullets or asterisks, so you should be careful while entering the password.
- Type the description of URL, if needed, and
- Add links and countries to redirect users of those countries to those links using the same URL that you are generating. So instead of directing to original URL, users will move to link(s) set by you.
Now click on Shorten button and a unique short URL will be generated for you. You can share it on your Twitter or Facebook account and can give it to anybody you want. Whenever someone will open your short URL, real-time notification will come on the right side of your dashboard.
Clicking on that notification will open stats page of that particular URL. Using stats page, you can check monthly/daily/yearly stats of that URL. You can check how many unique clicks have been made, so far, to the URL, what are the top most countries from where your link is accessed, how many shares of URL have been done using social networks, etc.
It’s an amazing website to generate short URLs and keep track of those URLs. I personally liked its password protection feature and real-time notification for links. You can use this website to create and share short URL on your social accounts.