Cheet.dev is an online Cheat Sheet Creation tool specially made for Developers. It allows you to create Cheat Sheets using an extremely simple interface while keeping your sheets private or public depending on the requirement.
Development Cheat Sheets are basically small compact sheets generally containing important syntax, code snippets, data types, keyboard shortcuts and much more to be used in information technology and software development. The idea is to condense as much info as possible in a small space to keep it as easy and slim as possible.
The text formatting options for creating the sheets in cheet.dev are pretty cool with an excellent way to specify keyboard shortcuts.
There are a whole lot of other online cheat sheet websites available for development. We tested cheet.dev and found it to be very simple, easy and fast. Here is how it works:
Steps to create cheat sheets:
- Sign up and create your account for Cheet.dev. You can search / view the Cheat Sheets available in the Public domain after login.
- Click on the ‘My Sheets’ icon and ‘Add New Sheet’ to begin the process of creating your own sheets.
- Enter a description and start typing your content. The toolbar helps in formatting your cheat sheet correctly.
- Click on ‘Preview’ to visualize how your sheet would appear.
- At the end, you have the option of saving the draft copy, or making the sheet available for private / public use.
Once you declare your sheet as Public or Private, you can bookmark it by clicking on the bookmark icon. The sheet will then be saved in ‘My Bookmarks’ in your Cheet.dev account for quick access.
- You cannot download any cheat sheet from cheet.dev in any file format like PDF, JPG etc. the only option available is to view it online.
All in all, this is a good online tool for generating cheat sheets for development but the developers should enrich it with more features as available in other online cheat sheet tools to make it more appealing for developers to use.
Go ahead and browse a few cheat sheets from here or create your own.