iTube for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch is a free alternative for the official Youtube App on iOS. With iTube you can use YouTube as a music player, lyrics finder, sleep timer, etc. One can sign in to his/her Google account and switch to this application from the official app as it has a lot more things to offer. There is one downside of using this application though. iTube is NOT updated according to the interface of iOS 7 which spoils the overall experience of the application.
With this application you can share the videos on various social networks including the SMS to your friends. iTube enables us to use Youtube as a music player.
Features of iTube:
- iTube unlike, official YouTube application can be used as a music player. You can play the songs in the background as well. This feature is talked about a lot on the social networks and I wonder why Youtube doesn’t introduce it. But with iTube, the wait is over.
- You can create playlists of the videos you like using this application. You can choose amongst the Youtube playlist or iTube playlist to create a queue of the songs you want to play.
- Perhaps the best feature of this application is the ability to search for lyrics while playing the video. You can simply tap on the ‘lens’ in the top right corner to search for the lyrics.
- The interface of the application is also like the music player app. You can switch from the videos in your playlist, shuffle videos, repeat a particular video and so on.
- Once you login with your account, all your subscriptions, favorites, history, watch later are in a single playlists tab. You can also check out the new videos from your subscriptions with a single tap. All your recommended videos are also present in the same page along with the uploads.
- One tap on refresh button will refresh the above mentioned data.
- You can tap on the ‘star’ icon while playing a particular video to add it to your favorites.
- You can also backup your playlists. You can either send the backed up data to yourself for maintaining the playlist or you can send it to your friends for sharing. For restoring the playlist you have to follow the instructions given in the mail.
- You can alternatively export the playlist to your Youtube account for accessing it via web browser.
- Playlists are also sorted in the form of categories like, ‘Alternative’, ‘Blues’, ‘Top 100’ and many more.
How to use iTube:
There are no particular instructions for using iTube. It can be used in the same way as the official application. All the tabs at the bottom are self explanatory and work pretty well with all the iDevices.
iTube is perfect application for YouTube. It contains many features that official application does not have. Only problems I faced were the interface which is not yet optimized for iOS 7 and also the advertisements which are too much in quantity. Nevertheless application is worth giving a shot.
Get iTube for iPhone free from here.