MiniPad (also known as Notepad7) is a very simple and free text editor for Windows that allows to create, edit, and print text files. It is more meaningful for kids and novice users, which can use it quite easily. It beautiful interface provides different tabs that makes it easy to work with MiniPad. All the options that you find on Windows Notepad are present in this MiniPad. Apart from those, it also lets you change the font color.
MiniPad is quite lightweight and it comes in a zip archive which is just 658 KB in size.
Screenshot above shows main interface of MiniPad which is good-looking and more colorful than Windows Notepad. All the tabs are available on top of its interface and each tab contains multiple buttons to use.
- Home tab: You can use this tab to create new text files, open saved text files, save text files to destination location, and to take print out of text file.
- Edit tab: This tab helps to cut, copy, paste, or simply delete the selected tab.
- Insert tab: Using this tab, you will be able to insert date & time in text file and can add some special symbols. Most of the special symbols you won’t find on your keyboard. So insert tab is bit useful in that case.
- View tab: Use this tab to access word wrap option, customize font properties, and font color of text.
Check out these 5 best free replacement for Windows Notepad.
Some of The Key Features Available in This Free Text Editor are:
- Very lightweight and simple text editor that supports both *.txt and *.rtf text files to open on its interface.
- Beautiful interface that provides multiple tabs to create and edit text files.
- You can use some special symbols that are not present on keyboard.
- Font color can be customized easily.
- One click installation. Simply download its zip archive and extract the files into a folder. Download link is present at the end of this article. Double-click on ClickOnce application file and install it.
MiniPad might be a good choice if you often work on Notepad. It is designed with simplicity and provides self-explanatory interface.